Louisville, K.Y. – SMC Men and Women's team competed in the Louisville Cross Country Classic's Silver Race Divsion Saturday afternoon in Louisville Ky. The women's team finished 19th overall in a field of 33 non division I and II teams. Sophomore Ali Bennett lead the pioneer women with a PR performance of 19:34 in the 5k event placing 13th of 269 finishers.
On the mens side, sophomore Joel Mercaldo also had a PR performace of 27:38 in the 8k event. The men's team finished 30th of 36th overall in their respective division. Logan Miller was the 2nd place finisher for the men's team at a 28:26 time placing 115th overall.
Louisville Cross Country Classic
Men's 8K and Women's 5K
E.P. Tom Sawyer Park
Sept. 30, 2017
Pioneer Highlights (Non Division I & II Standings)
- Ali Bennett finished the women's 5K race 19th overall in non division I standings in the silver race.
- Ali Bennett finihsed with a Pr of 19:34.
- Joel Mercaldo improves his 8k performance with a time of 27:38.
- IN Running Club took the top women's spot with 42 points of the 33 total teams.
- IN Runnnig Club took the top men's spot with100 points of the 36 total teams.
"Glad to get a meet like this under our belt. I really hope this refocuses our attention to the intensity needed to finish out this season." says Ken Roach "We had some bright spots today on the team's performance that reach further than the finish clock indicates. I am happy overall with the performace today because I see the forward progression in the program and the individual efforts put into this race. I think we have more talent on this squad than the clock showed today but its also a young team. I am looking forward to the next couple races ahead." says Ken Raoch
Cross Country will travel to McAlpine Creek Park in Charlotte, NC on Oct. 13th, 2017 to compete in the The Queens Invite.